When you’re preparing for a sea voyage you have a lot to keep in mind, regardless of the size of your craft. If you’re going to be out for more than a day or two, it is essential to make sure you have everything you and your crew needs, not just for entertainment but also for safety.
The Takacat iDock can help on both of those fronts. With its easy storage, it is simple to keep an inflatable dock on board, so it can be ready for you when you need it — whether for fun or necessity.
What is a Takacat iDock?
When in use, the Takacat iDock is a buoyant dock, inflatable but also stiff. The Takacat brand uses a thick fabric that improves both the stiffness and the buoyancy, so you can rest assured in the stability of the inflatable dock.
The top of the inflatable dock features high density drop-stitched PVC, which provides traction and comfort for those relaxing or working on the dock. In addition to this high density drop stitching, every connection point on the dock is also bonded with a high quality chemical adhesion, which helps the unit remain pliable for easy storage.
Perhaps the most important aspect of the Takacat iDock is how quickly it can be both deployed and stowed away. Assembly is quick and easy, as the dock only requires air pressure of 10 to 12 psi. Storing the dock is just as easy; it comes with a carry bag that the dock can be rolled up into for easy storage and transportation.
Why bring an inflatable dock on a sea voyage?
There is a lot to do on a sea voyage, and a surprising amount of it can be enhanced by an inflatable dock. For example:
- Jet-ski: When you feel the need for speed out on the open ocean, the jet ski is a great way to feel the wind in your hair. An inflatable dock creates an easy place to mount your jet-ski and take off from, as well as a simple place to dismount.
- Kayaking or paddleboarding: Getting off of your yacht or boat into a kayak or onto your paddleboard can be difficult and awkward. Having an inflatable dock at water-level eliminates that awkwardness and makes accessing your watersport fun easier.
- Snorkeling and scuba: The Takacat’s stiff construction, handles, and anti-skid top make it the perfect launching point for snorkeling and scuba diving.
- Relaxation: Sure, you can relax on your boat or yacht, but there’s really no substitute for being right at the water’s edge, close enough to let your feet dangle in the ocean. An inflatable dock is the perfect place to relax.
- Maintenance: When you need cleaning or maintenance done to the exterior of your craft, the Takacat iDock is ready to deploy, offering a steady and stable surface for your crew to make use of while tending to your boat.
Takacat iDock: Quality Construction
When you’re headed out on a sea voyage, you want to make sure that every piece of your equipment is the best it can be. While there are quite a few inflatable docks to choose from, the Takacat iDock is designed for use on the open seas, with the ability to remain pliable enough for easy storage but stiff when inflated for comfortable use.
Kiki Catamarans is Here to Help
If you are located in Colorado or Alaska, Kiki Catamarans is here to help you with your inflatable dock needs! As the exclusive Takacat dealer in both states, we have knowledgeable staff ready and waiting to answer any questions you may have about Takacat products, including the versatile iDock.
When you call to speak with one of our representatives, we can discuss your potential uses for an inflatable dock and help you choose which size is best for you, and if there are any additional Takacat products you could potentially benefit from. We’re also happy to discuss Takacat’s warranty, and to go over usage, transportation, and storage instructions.
If you are in Colorado or Alaska, contact us today to schedule a meeting, or better yet, to schedule a demo to see Takacat products in action.